Press Releases 2008 INTERNATIONAL CES REIGNS AS GLOBAL STAGE FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION Film News And Views - Press Releases - 2008 INTERNATIONAL CES REIGNS AS GLOBAL STAGE FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION Press Releases,,2008 INTERNATIONAL CES REIGNS AS GLOBAL STAGE FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION,recommendation,shopping,advice,simple,movies,films,film news and views,news and views,film industy,movie reviews,film news,film,news,views,television,made for tv movies,interactive entertainment,hollywood,hollywood news,celebrity news,insiders perspective,film reviewer,watch film,film trailer,new releases,new release,new release movie,new release film,movie reviewer,opinion,viewpoint,forum,discussion
2008 INTERNATIONAL CES REIGNS AS GLOBAL STAGE FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION
Jan 15, 2008
Arlington, VA, January 14, 2008
– The International CES is once again the world's biggest platform for
new technology and devices from the biggest innovators. For 41 years, the
International CES® has been the must-attend event for new technology:
almost every major consumer electronics advance has been launched at CES,
including the VCR, CD player, DVD player, HDTV, satellite radio, Xbox, HDTV DVR
and IPTV. Many of the more then 20,000 products launched at last week's 2008
International CES, the world's largest technology tradeshow, will soon be on
store shelves and in consumers' living rooms.
“No event on earth launches more new technology and devices than the
International CES. This year was bigger than ever, with the latest innovations,
from new next- generation digital televisions, including OLEDs, 150-inch plasmas
and laser TVs, to wireless HD, the coolest new multimedia phones and ultra
mobile PCs, all on display,” said Gary Shapiro, the president and CEO of the
Consumer Electronics Association, the producer of the International CES. “Across
our 2700 exhibitors and 30 product categories, CES was the place to see it all
last week and to preview what amazing products are coming to store shelves in
2008. More than ever before, the show highlights came from an extremely wide
array of CES exhibitors.”
Tens of thousands of stories capturing this year's product debuts were
written by the more than 4,500 print, online, and broadcast journalists who
attended the International CES. Here is just a sampling of the new technology
and devices unveiled this year that captured the attention of the world:
- The Eye-Fi SD card that wirelessly sends photos to a PC or any of the online
- GM’s Cadillac Provoq, which uses GM's fifth-generation fuel cell with a
lithium-ion battery to produce an electrically driven vehicle that uses no
petroleum and has no emission other than water.
- Toshiba TDP-EW25U (wireless DLP projector),
- Philips' Eco TV, which won CNET's top Best of Show award for its ecofriendly
- Motorola’s Moto Rokr E8 phone, which shifts from music player to phone to
imaging device at the touch of a button.
- Sony’s 11 inch Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) HDTV,
- Panasonic’s record setting 150 inch plasma HDTV,
- Mitsubishi’s Laser TV,
- iRiver’s GSM phone,
- Intel and Monsoon Multimedia’s Wireless HD technology,
- Bug Labs’ open source modular gadgets,
- Comcast’s AnyPlay portable DVR,
- Sony’s Rolly speakerbot,
- Intel’s 2-way Wi-Max technology,
- Samsung and Motorola’s next generation portable TVs,
- iRobot iLooj (robot to safely clean your gutters),
- WowWee’s Rovio, a Wi-Fi-enabled home-surveillance robot equipped with a
- Casio’s EXILIM Pro EX-FI, a new camera offering the world’s fastest burst
shooting performance at 60 frames per second
- NEC and Alienware’s curved gaming DLP gaming displays and
- LG’s MPH handheld personal DTVs.
In addition, the International CES Innovations 2008 Design and Engineering
award honorees were showcased onsite at the 2008 International CES. A list of
honorees can be found at this link: www.cesweb.org/attendees/awards/innovations/default.asp.
For more information on the 2008 International CES, visit www.CESweb.org.
The 2009 International CES will be held in Las Vegas, Jan. 8-11.
September 21, 2019